Thursday, May 27, 2010

*************

Here is a small taste of what has been going on around our house...

I have been trying to find the differences and similarities between boys and girls lately.  There are many times when I feel like I'm learning to parent all over again.  To one degree or another I felt that with each of my kids.  What discipline works for one, doesn't work for another.  They are each different and unique and perfect in their own little ways.  Of course, I'm their Mom so I might be a little biased.  But, having a girl is different even more.  The only similarity I can find is that she eats like a horse just like her brothers. 
As girly as she is, there are still times when she is tough and enjoys playing with the boys toys as much as holding her babies.

I love her face in this picture.  She is a determined little girl.  She believes she rules the roost.

Matthew, my little helper, pretending to come after me with dirty hands.



Abby trying to dress herself.

Jack and Nathan playing with Grandma Tami at Tori's graduation.

Crazy hair!
Luke joined Boy Scouts this year.  Jared is his leader for his age. 

Troop 79
Nathan and Matthew right before Preschool Roundup.  Jake was determined to get in the picture.  It will be weird with two of the boys in preschool this year. 
We went to North Platte the night Jared helped Britni move.  I met him up there that evening and we ate supper and took the kids to the pool.  Abby loved the water.

I ended up packing Abby up at 4 in the morning and driving home with her while Jared and the boys stayed the night.  She woke up screaming and after an hour I decided it was better to just head home.  I hope she was just teething!


This head wound is brought to you courtesy of Jacob.  Jacob hit Nate in the head with a garden tool.  Thankfully it wasn't too bad.  All the garden tools have been hidden now.



Nate loves his baby dolls.

This is Matthew's face when Jared brought him home his bike.  He was surprised and excited!

Spiderman on his bike.






Saying our respects to Miss Kitty.  Our dog we had for 10 years passed away 2 weeks ago.  I'll dedicate a post to her soon. 

Matthew is my helper.  He loves to help me cook.  He loves to help me pull weeds.  He helped me plant almost everything in my garden.  If I tell him he can't help he cries.  He's awesome.





This head wound is brought to you by Nathan trying to ride a bike with no training wheels and no help...


Luke asked us one day if he could mow.  We weren't going to turn him down.  Although...



Abby and her love for clothes!
Jake thinks eating utensils are for wimps.  I think eating utensils saves me from a big mess!

Going for a walk...



The strong winds blew the tower over.  It had to be some crazy winds to do that.  Thank you, to SWPPD for your help! 



Jared had to be gone for a few days this last week.  When he is gone Luke always sleeps with me.  Here he is reading his book before bed. 





Jared took Matthew and Nathan with him this last week, so Jake and I got to spend a lot of one-on-one time together.  He is such a funny kid!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Glad to see new posts from you :) The photos are adorable and your commentary is so fun to read. You have such a sweet, precious family.

Blackmans said...

Thank you, Linda!

A Day in the Country said...

O my gosh Missy, love the pics!! They make me laugh! Each of the kids have such a unique personality and are such a joy! It reminds me so much of when my boys' were little....ahh the good 'ol days'! Enjoy every moment!!