Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Saying Goodbye

We have had a lot of goodbyes this summer.  It started in May when Seth left to go do his firefighting.  The kids still wander around looking for him.  Then my brother, Dave, Amy, Jack and Ellison moved to the eastern part of the state.  Our dear dog, Kitty, who passed away after 10 years of watching over my kids and being a constant part of our craziness.  Then our dear friends, Pastor Marshall and Teresa moved to the eastern part of the state (the eastern part of the state sure is lucky!!).  And then to Miss Kenna.  We get her for 6 weeks every summer and every summer when she gets here I am surprised by how normal it is to have her here.  I always expect to have some adjustment time, but there never seems to be a need for it.  We all feel very blessed to have her in our life.  We all feel like 6 weeks isn't enough, but I am just thankful for that 6 weeks.  Thankful for an amazing young girl who makes life fun and brings a smile to all of our faces. 

Kenna's Grandma Teresa joined us for the bar-b-que we had in her honor the evening she left.

Grandma Cena, Cami and Grandma Vrbas
Doing a little visiting and a little crying.  My Mom made the dress that Kenna is wearing.
Kenna had 7 Grandmas at the party.  You would think we would have taken a picture of her with all her Grandmothers, but I didn't think of it until after she left.  :(
Kenna and her Dad
Eating... we do that well!  :)
Hugs before she left...
Kenna with her Nana and Papa.
Hugs from Great Grandma Cena
Hugs from Great Grandma Joyce.
Jared and Chase being goofy.  Imagine that!
Hugs from Nathan.  I will say that Nathan still talks about Kenna on a daily basis.  The day after she left he asked me when "his Kenna" was coming home.  I explained that she went to her Grandma's house and then she would go home to her Mom.  His reply was, "But I love my Keena." 
Getting ready to leave...
Great Grandmas watching.
But we had to get a quick picture of Kenna and her cousins/siblings that were at the party. 
Yep, I miss her! 
She had to have a little more time with Nathan.
Abby enjoying some time with Great Grandma Cena before she went home.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Aw...this makes me sad too...I am so happy she is so loved and dearly cared for while she is away....Seriously, you and your family(s) are AWESOME to her....so a huge THANK YOU to the Blackman and Vrbi (did i spell that right?) families for loving my angel SO MUCH!