Thursday, March 08, 2007

Our week.

Oh what a week! I have never been so thankful for nice weather! It all started with me getting the flu last Saturday. No big deal, except Jared was working and I had three kids to take care of. Thankfully Grandma Elaine came to my rescue and spent most of the afternoon taking care of the boys and my Dad took Nathan for the night so we could get some rest.
Luke has been enjoying the nice weather and spends most of his day outside running around. He also enjoyed having Ben and Khaliah over this week. They all play very well together and I think Luke enjoys having someone his own age to play with.
Matthew has tried to show just how smart he is. He can take his own diaper off and manages to take it off right when he has to go to the bathroom. If he understood me more I would just potty train him, but he isn't interested in that at all. Today I went up to get him from his first nap and he had taken it off and peed all over his crib. I managed to get everything cleaned up and fresh sheets on before his afternoon nap. I put his diaper on backwards so he couldn't pull it off before putting him to bed. My Grandma Elaine gave me that idea and it has worked before. Well, I went to get him after he woke up and found a huge surprise. Not only had he managed to remove his diaper, but he had pooped and there was poop all over the walls, crib, himself and the floor. WOW! I spent the next 45 minutes cleaning his room and giving him a bath. I think my only solution is to buy overalls so he can't take them off and make him sleep in them. It's either that or duct tape the diapers.
Nathan has been doing his best to learn fast so he can run with the big boys. He has managed to pull himself up and get into the crawling position. He doesn't stay like that for long, but I cringe everytime he does it. I'm not sure why he wants to do everything so early, but I am hoping it will be a few months before he is mobile. He is rolling everywhere and has managed to figure out his turns so he can get where he wants to go. He almost made it to my office yesterday before I stopped him. He still isn't sleeping well and I have a doctors appointment for him next week and hopefully we can figure out something.
I have been trying to get ready for Kenna to be here. We will have a very busy week with her here. I scheduled family pictures, appointments for the boys, dinner here Monday for her, and of course traveling to get her and dropping her off. We are very excited to see her and Luke keeps asking why we can't go get her now. I can't wait to see their faces when they see each other.
Nathan practicing sitting up.
Matthew giving little brother a hug.

Ben, Matthew and Luke.


Nathan looking at me funny!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lordy. That is a scary story about Matthew. I would try the overalls. Much easier than cleaning up poop!

Unk Dave

The Hagan Clan said...

Hang in there Missy, my sister in sister in-law is having the same problem with there youngest so she just went bought pull-ups (but thats exspensive though) well good luck with that! WTG Nathan before long your going to be running...lol
Lukes like he is enjoying his play dates and i bet it gives you a little break cause Matthew must be playing right along with them. Hopefully next week i might have some time to come to palisade maybe we can range a time to come over! You guys take care and glad to here you all done with the yucky flu!!!

The Hagan Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.