Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jacob's Dedication

Jacob was dedicated at church today. It was a wonderful service! Here is the verse Pastor Marshall chose for Jacob...

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
Matthew 5:9

In a world afflicted with contention and conflict, may you rise above in quiet strength to lead men out of contest and into concert, to bring amity from disunity and to restore harmony among brothers. May your life not only model the command of Jesus, but also His example as He purposed to reconcile mankind to Himself. In so doing may your testimony of a peacemaker point others to the greater hope of eternal peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

WOW!


During the dedication.






Jacob was very serious!

7 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

Oh, I'm so happy to see pictures! I was so bummed that I had to miss it. I love baby dedications :)

Charlie said...

It was a very beautiful service! I love Jacobs verse!

Deb Echols said...

I thought it was a very beautiful service! Pastor Marshall always does such a good job with those types of things.

The Hagan Clan said...

WOW~ that is very cool!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

Hey Miss! Sorry we were unable to come. Unfortunate that things fell on the same Sunday! I'm sure it was a beautiful service. ;o)

Bley's Blog said...

It was an awesome service...Mike and I thought that Jacob was so cute up there looking so serious. :)

THE OLESON DAILY TIMES said...

That's awesome!