Well, today I was out in my garden picking tomatoes and I almost stuck my hand right on this thing! I completely freaked out! Not as bad as I would have if it had been in my house... but enough that I plan to never go to my garden again!!!!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Seriously People!!!!!!!!
It's time for a little confession- I HATE spiders!!!! I completely freak out just seeing one. My parents are use to me calling and begging them to come kill a spider for me. My Dad learned the hard way not to just catch it and let it go outside. He tried this one day and I completely freaked out on him. The poor guy!
Well, today I was out in my garden picking tomatoes and I almost stuck my hand right on this thing! I completely freaked out! Not as bad as I would have if it had been in my house... but enough that I plan to never go to my garden again!!!!
It's hard to tell by the picture, I had to stand away from it and crop the picture, but this thing is HUGE and UGLY!!!!!!!! I have never seen anything like it. I would Google it to see what I can learn about it, but I think it is better if I just pretend I never saw it. Easier said than done!
Well, today I was out in my garden picking tomatoes and I almost stuck my hand right on this thing! I completely freaked out! Not as bad as I would have if it had been in my house... but enough that I plan to never go to my garden again!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
yeah, had the same EXACT experience last year picking tomatoes! I also took a picture, but had to google it, to know what it was...its a yellow garden spider. Not harmful at all (despite it looking terrifying!) It won't eat your tomatoes, but it will eat the bugs that like to eat your tomatoes! I haven't seen one yet on my tomato plants this year...and I always look now before I go sticking my hand in the plant! HA!
OH MY GOSH!!! It's pretty scary looking to me too! YUCK! I don't like them either!
OMG - My brother and sister in law have 2 of those exact same spiders on their back porch. They are huge (I hate spiders too). One of them had laid a sac of eggs and the other one was getting ready to. My sister in law thinks they are cool. It would have been dead by now at my house.
I have been know to bribe men to kill spiders for me. The Schwans guy thought it was so funny until he looked at the spider. He asked for a shovel. Guess I wasn't such a baby after all?
I'll be honest I almost called to see if I could have my garden sprayed for spiders! I really can't even think about going back to pick anything!!! I am terrified!
Brandi- I don't think I could ever visit my sister-in- law if she kept two on her porch!! That would be the only thing I would think about the entire time I was there!!!
Wow, that is ugly and big! I don't mind spiders (I can scoop them up in a paper towel and flush them with no problem) BUT I think I would have an issue with that one!
This is the best spider spray I have ever used!!
Spider Spray
1 cap Lemon Joy (dish soap)
1 cap Listerine
1 cap ammonia cleaner
1 quart water
Mix together and spray on areas where spiders are coming in.
I would have done the same thing Miss. I really really hate them. The only thing I hate more is snakes. And I probably wouldn't go in the garden again. Same thing last year when I was mowing, I stepped on a snake in the yard- screamed, cried, ran, and never mowed again. So I can sympathize with you.
Connie~~thanks for sharing the spider spray recipe. I've tried getting two different people over here to spray the house without any luck. I'm going to try your version. Thanks again! :)
Post a Comment