Sunday, September 07, 2008

A little adult fun!!

While the cat is away the mice will play. Jared and Shane left for Kearney tonight, so Larissa and I are home alone! So, of course being young ladies we decided to have a little fun!!!

We spent the entire evening canning stewed tomatoes!!! OK, I'm sure it's not what you thought of as fun. Neither did we really! It wasn't too bad. We ended up with 35 jars and 3 jars of tomato juice!

Sis busy peeling tomatoes! We really should have had one more person helping. There were times when it was a little crazy, but we did pretty good and we are ready to do a few more if we can get some tomatoes!

Larissa with the finished product. This picture was taken at 11:00, so that is why we look exhausted! I'll have pictures of Nathan's birthday party tomorrow!
A small update on the canning adventure. I posted the pictures above around 11 last night, but the jars still hadn't been sealed. We ended up sealing the last of them around 2 in the morning! I have come to realize I am not as young as I once was. Luckily, Jacob only woke up once, after 2. I really don't care to see a tomato for a long time!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Dave Ja Vu said...

That looks like 'fun'...

Actually, I canned tomatoes a couple years ago and it was a living nightmare. I still have all the canning supplies if you want them. I'll NEVER do that again. Safely said.

Happy BIRTHDAY, NaTe!

We love you little/big boy!

Wheeler Family said...

Wow, Missy, that looks like crazy fun :) You'll enjoy it this winter, though!

sixbehrs said...

You're too wild and crazy. I think Larissa is a bad influence on you (or maybe the other way around?)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe you guys did all that last night! Talk about determined... :)

Tami Vrbas said...

Now you know why I quit doing it! It is hard work! Good job.
Love, Mom