Having four small children I tend to forget things- A LOT! Luckily none of the things I forget are important. I read an article once that many mothers do this. They have so much important information to remember that they tend to forget where they put their keys, purse, to feed the dog, etc... Well, lately it has gotten a little worse. With Luke's school schedule to try to remember and everything else, I have been a little... scatterbrained.
Jared's Mom had brought Nathan's birthday present down before she left for Muscatine to help Katie and be there for Emma's birth. She put it in Jared's office and told me where she put it so he could open it on his birthday. It was a great idea, if I had remembered!! I talked to her today and she asked if he had opened it. OOPS!!! He was excited to get a late gift. I think he preferred it that way.
2 comments:
Haha-my mom always used to do this, she'd find little Christmas gifts that she had hidden here & there & forgotten about, so we had fun little gifts a few months later :) It is a lot of fun to have it spread out.
I did this recently with Miranda's b-day. I kept thinking, "wow, I wonder why my mom never sent Miranda a present." A couple months went by, and then I cleaned my bedroom and found it...My mom was probably wondering why we'd never thanked her!
Post a Comment