Thursday, February 26, 2009

Doctor's appointment

I had a doctor's appointment today. I had slipped and fell yesterday so I decided I might want to mention it to my doctor since we were here. I didn't figure it was anything to worry about since I had counted my fetal kicks yesterday. He was going to monitor me for a little while, but I was going to have to wait for another 2 people ahead of me, so he decided to do a quick ultra sound. It was the coolest thing!! First he asked if we knew what we were having. I told him he had told us before that it was a girl. So, he checked and said- "That is definately a girl!" There is no question. She was showing off. Then he asked if we wanted to play. He did a 3-D ultra sound and it was so cool. Seeing her little face brought tears to my eyes!!

The girl part.






Her face and arm.




11 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

That is SO cool that you got to do that! She's pretty!! I'm glad you both are ok.

Charlie said...

That is AWESOME! She is so pretty! She looks like Nathan...kinda in the profile. I'm glad you had the chance to do this and that all is well with you and Baby!

The Southworth's said...

I am glad you and the baby are ok. I fell quite a few times when I was pregnant with Ryan (down the stairs twice). I was such a clutz. I was always so scared afterwards and the little turd would not move for a long time. Your new ultrasound pictures totally gave me goosebumps. I remember how wonderful every ultrasound was. Those 3D ones are awesome. I wish we would have had them done. She is looking gorgeous already!!!

Heather Raven said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well. Looks like we are not too far apart (in the grand scheme of things) 11 weeks. I think that this is a girl as well, and we will find out in a couple of weeks. My husband and I told the doctor that we know what we're having by how sick I get. I am just now getting over all the smells and food making me ill. I hate that part,and yet I know that it is one tiny sacrifice to bring new life into this world. But still, I hate it. I was so sick with the last baby that for the first time in my fertile life thought - okay this is it. No more. But I soon got over that, and I am sure that I will this time too. May God be with you in these next few weeks as you await the birth of your precious daughter.

Bley's Blog said...

That is so cool! The 3-D Ultrasound is so neat to see!

brusoe2000 said...

That has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Missy!!! I can't believe you can see the baby like that! I've never heard of such a thing! She looks so comfortable! You should have told me you fell, you turd. What happened??? You need to start taking it easy you know it? That's an order!! :)

sixbehrs said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see her in person.

Tami Vrbas said...

I am speechless with awe, and teary eyed. She is beautiful, sacred. Now - you take it easy and be careful. Momma's orders. ;)

Love,
Mom

The Hicks Family said...

She is beautiful! You are in my thoughts and prayers! You seem to be doing so well with everything! Such beautiful blessings- ALL of them!

The Maris' said...

I have never heard of a 3D ultrasound. WOW tech. Missy you are so blessed and I sure am praying all stays great she is beautiful.