I decided to tackle another item on my to-d0-before-baby-comes-list. I have been wanting to paint the boys room for awhile now. Luke hated the red in his room. It scared him for some reason. Jared and I went to North Platte last weekend and found some bedding for the boys. Matthew had been using Kenna's pink and purple comforter. He really didn't mind, but with her coming this summer I decided it might be a good idea to get it washed and put aside for her. So, with new bedding I picked paint colors for Luke and Jacob's room and got started today.

Matthew and Nathan decided to try to "help". I gave Matthew a paint brush with hardly any paint on it. It didn't take me very long to realize it was a bad idea.

Nathan grabbed my paint brush when I went for the camera.

Before pictures. We painted the room around Luke's bedding when we first moved into the house.
And after....

The color is a light brown color. Very neutral and something I hope he can grow into. I hope to not have to paint their room until they leave for college. It might be wishful thinking....
I tried to get done before Luke got home from school so I could surprise him. He had no idea I planned to paint his room. When he got home he looked at the walls and said, "Why did you paint over the blue? I liked it." Ummm..... Ok. I think I deserve that one. I remember when I was little I came home from school and my Mom had painted my room pink. I cried and then begged my brother to trade rooms with me. Luke did tell me he liked it and was very happy tonight when I got everything moved back in. Jacob really couldn't have cared either way.
I can guarantee next time I will make sure the boys go somewhere else for the day when I tackle a painting project. Matthew was running through the room and stepped on the tray of paint and it spilled everywhere. I managed to get it cleaned up thanks to my handy Spot Bot. I love that thing!!
Now I need to get some things on the wall. I think it will be a week or two before I tackle Nathan and Matthew's bedroom.
4 comments:
It looks great Missy! :)
Looks nice. You are much braver than I--I never would have even attempted this with my 2 little kids around.
everything looks good....i know what you are going through. we are down to one more room to paint
It looks really nice! That made me laugh about what you did w/ your pink room when you were little. Funny how those things come back to haunt you when you're a mom!! I was telling my mom about Maycee cutting her hair the other day (she did a good job, I didn't notice until she was at school & I saw the hair all over!), and my mom said "Don't be too hard on her. Remember what YOU did?!" haha (Right before my kindergarten Christmas program, I decided I didn't like my bangs, so I cut them off! lol)
Post a Comment