Monday, March 16, 2009

Little people

The boys have been loving the nice weather we are having. I'm really hoping we don't have too many cold days left because I don't think I will be able to keep them inside. They are ready for Spring and Summer.

Today I was getting clothes out for them to wear. It was the second set of clothes for the day and I decided to find them some shorts. As I was chasing Nathan, Matthew put on the shirt I had picked out for Nathan. It didn't fit- at all. He refused to let me change it. Then he put his boots on- the wrong foot- and headed out the door. So, Nathan decided he wanted to wear Matthew's shirt. It looked like he was wearing a dress, and had nothing on under.


Luke enjoying the afternoon. He really looks good in blue.

Matthew and his fashion statement.


Grandma Tami came over to play with the boys while I painted. All I could hear was everyone laughing. I think they had fun!


Nathan with dirt all over him.
The boys have a new game. It is called throwing dirt, grass and leaves at each other. They chase each other around the yard and sometimes into the house throwing it at each other. They do a lot of laughing, which is why I haven't stopped it yet.

Jacob has been incredibly helpful this week. Here he is helping Mom paint. He did such a wonderful job. He also helped me do bookwork. He shut my computer off while I was working and I lost 5 months of bookwork. He is a good helper!

Here he is helping Mom keep the floor clean. The best part about his help is his smile. He always has a huge smile on his face, which is why it is so hard to get upset!

We took a quick trip to Kearney. We had promised Matthew we would take him to the pool if he started using the "big boy toilet". He still hadn't forgot about it, and asked us on a daily basis if we could go to the pool now. So, we loaded up and headed to Kearney one night at 5. It was a quick trip, but I think they had fun in the pool.
Jacob didn't like the pool. He only let Jared walk him around after sitting on my lap for over an hour....






2 comments:

Tami Vrbas said...

I'll take playing with the kids anyday over painting! Either I am regressing, or growing wiser! LOL
Must be that second childhood thing, minus the diapers. So far.:)

The Maris' said...

I think that the "quick"trips are the best. You enjoy them the most because you know your time is limited.