Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The flu...



We've all been sick for the last couple of weeks.  Luke came down with the flu on Thursday, October 22nd and it has been all down hill since then.  That Sunday the rest of the kids started running fevers and the same symptoms.  On Monday evening Jared and I started having symptoms.  Now, a little over a week later I found out that I have a secondary infection- sinus infection.  Matthew also has sinus infection, although we caught it early, so hopefully he won't get too sick with it.  Everyone is slowly feeling better.  Luke went back to school on Monday and seems to be feeling ok.  This could be a very long winter with illness!  =(

The following are my sick pictures.  Blogger is giving me a headache.  It seems to change the setting for uploading pictures, and then won't let me change them once they are on the page.  I'm sure if I had a little more time on my hands I could figure out why, but for now I'm leaving it and not worrying about it!  Sorry!




 

 


Luke was not impressed with me taking this picture.  Poor guy was miserable!

 

 
Matthew and Nathan didn't seem to get as sick as the rest of us.  Nathan never seemed to be bothered by any of it and would be playing like he always is.  Matthew was a little worse than Nathan, but nothing close to the rest of us.  After trying to figure out why all week long it finally occurred to me that they both had their flu shots.  They were the only two to get flu shots so far this year.  We will be changing that from now on!!  After this round of flu we will all be getting flu shots every year from now on!
 

 
Peyton made Luke a get well card while she was at Grandma Elaine's house.  It was so sweet!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for posting - I enjoyed your story and the photos. I'm so sorry you all have had a rough bout of it. The illnesses are strange this year - I caught whatever Sarah had over the weekend and it seems like it's getting better, only to come back with a vengence at night. It was thought that she had a mild case of the swine flu, and she got better in a day and a half, but she's 14 and they say that it's not hitting the older kids and adults as hard.

We can't do flu shots (egg allergy), but before this year, none of us have ever had the flu.

I hope you'll all be totally well soon and enjoying November. :-)

Your cousin,
Linda