Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Thankful

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what your thankful for.  Here is a short list of some of the things I am thankful for...

I'm thankful for the freedom of religion.
For Jesus Christ my Savior who suffered and died so that I could live.
For my husband and the 10 years we have been together.
For my step-daughter, Kenna, who we miss dearly!
For my 6 children.  God has blessed me so much with such unique and amazing children.  They are truly a blessing!
For my family.
For coffee, which helps me make it through the day with my five kids.
For my home.
For the Magic Eraser, which has been my best friend for many years now.
For our Grandmothers and that my children get to know how amazing they are.  I hope to learn so much from them and hope I can some day be a sliver of the kind of women they are.
For our parents for giving us life and safe, happy homes to grow up in.
For my closest friends, you know who you are, who love me regardless of my faults.
For clean houses, even though I haven't seen mine that way in forever.
For little boys who love and need their Mommy.
For little girls whose face lights up at the sight of their Daddy.
For chocolate.
For Husker football- I'm addicted since my husband took me to a game for my 30th birthday.  Yes, it was my first game, but I plan on going at least once a year now.
For the change of seasons.  I love the sun, but I also absolutely love snow.  I can't imagine living somewhere where it doesn't snow.
For my computer and the internet which makes this stay-at-home Mommy feel a little more connected to her friends.
For El Puerto- the best place to eat in McCook.
For my husband who takes me and our 5 children to eat there once a week.  =)
For Dr. Pepper.
For movie nights with the family.

4 comments:

The Hagan Clan said...

LOVE IT!!!

The Weiss' said...

Missy~ That is an awesome list!!!!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

I, too would be thankful for a clean house if I ever had one... ;) This was neat, Miss.

Love it!

A Day in the Country said...

Missy, LOVE your "Im thankful"!!!
Sounds like my list!!!
Love ya, Aunt Sara