Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Freezing Corn

We froze corn this past weekend.  We started Saturday night with over 600 ears of corn.  We did almost half that evening and then finished up Sunday morning.  We ended up with 126 quart bags, 2 gallon bags, 10 gallon bags of corn on the cob and 5 quart bags of corn on the cob.  It was a lot of work, but I know I'll be loving it mid-winter!

Jared washing corn.

Jake... well I would like to say he was helping, but odds are he wasn't.  Grandma Joyce was working hard though.  We were very blessed to have Grandma Joyce stay the night with us and help us out.  We also had help from Grandma Elaine, Tori and Charlie!  Thanks again guys!  We couldn't have done it without you!



Working hard.





We also dug our potatoes last week.  We are already enjoying them.  I love fresh produce!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Very interesting! And I like to see how it's always a family affair there with the chores, lol. :)