Thursday, August 30, 2007

We are a zoo.

Our house is crazy sometimes. I would like to say it's because we have three boys and another on the way, but that isn't always the reason for the chaos. I was pulling weeds in my garden the other night and was surprised to see the girl we got the cats from pull in the alley. Jared talked to her for a few minutes and then walks away with a crate. I walked over and there were four little kittens looking up at me. I think the guy who likes everyone to believe he hates cats has become a cat lover. Now we have four kittens running around. They are cute and hopefully at least one of them survives the winter. I already picked out my favorite!

Then as he was mowing the kids play area I noticed he had stopped and was looking around. My first thought was that he found a snake. I went out to see if he needed assistance in finding it and killing it when I realized he had something small and furry in his hand. He ran over a rabbits nest. There were four, but one didn't make it. I'm not sure if they are old enough to survive. They are pretty small, but I'm sure the Blackman zoo will do what they can! If anyone wants a rabbit please let me know!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

four boys and 9 animals.... ya your crazy, but an awesome family! Good luck with all your new pets! the kittens are so adorible!

Aletha

Anonymous said...

Don't you have to have a license to run a zoo? Wacky crazy stuff! Your kids are going to love the memories of growing up in the 'Blackman Zoo'! You should buy some monkeys. That would be a blast!

Anonymous said...

Just like Aletha said your kids will have so much fun! Do you have them all named yet?