Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Salina

We found a zoo in Salina, and decided to stay there for the night. We found another hotel with a pool. We did a little shopping, mostly clothes since I only packed enough for one night. The kids were very well behaved.

That evening we went into the hotel restaurant to eat. There was an older couple finishing their meal. It was early so there was no one else there. They watched us all walk in and started asking questions about the kids... How many of them were there? How old were they? Were they all ours? We were asked that a lot on our little vacation. The guys response was a little different though. The first words out of his mouth were "Congrats"! We were surprised. It was nice to not be judged by the size of our family. We visited with them until they finished their meal and left. When we went to pay for our meal the waitress handed Jared a receipt that say PAID. He told her she gave him the wrong ticket, and she said no the couple who were in here paid for our supper. We were shocked. I wish we could have thanked them. It was amazing and very humbling for complete strangers to show us that kindness.


Feeding the goats.



Dad, Nathan and Luke swimming.


Matthew, Dad and Kenna swimming.


5 comments:

The Maris' said...

I cannot believe that the couple did that. It helps us restore our faith in this world and that there are really wonderful people out there. I so glad you were blessed by them.

brusoe2000 said...

It looks like you all had a great time and its nice to come across people who don't judge. There are very few still out there. I'm glad everything worked out well for you guys.

Wheeler Family said...

That is so cool about your meal!
Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I'll have to remember to pack light, and I'll get to buy new clothes-haha! :)

The Hicks Family said...

That is awesome. I can relate with the questions....my favorites are these "all" yours? Or another one I get sometimes is are these your "real" kids? I do have to agree with Renee, I'm packing light on the next trip too! Sounds like a wonderful time! You are very blessed with amazing kids!

skirkse said...

OMG! What a blessing for you guys to have those who weren't pre-judging you and then were graced with a gift from them.