Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well, we are moved out to the farm now.  Although we have a lot to unpack and a few things left to haul out, we have been staying out here for a week now.  We LOVE IT!!  Although I think we picked the worst time to move with the million things going on, we are at least settled in and enjoying the peaceful days and the convenience of being close to town.

 Mom putting my food away in my pantry.  It was a horrible job.  Seriously.
 I think Jared was trying to close the door on me.
 First day of moving was rainy and the roads were a mess.  Just another part of living in the country.
 Superman... Wait.  I think that's my Dad.
 The correct way to carry a dresser.
 Randy was thinking about being Superman too.


 The piano stayed!  YAY! 
 Nate enjoying the living room.
 Nate and Abby providing us with some music while we moved.
 Our fireman Randy.
 Dad tilling my garden up.  I am pleased to say that I have my potatoes, beans, peas, beets and radishes planted.  I was a little worried I wouldn't get a garden this year, so this was a HUGE blessing.  Thanks, Dad!
 Working on getting my washer/dryer set up.  Matt is a lot of help.

 This was a lot of fun.  I think it took all day to get these in and wired.
 Moving is hard work so Jake crashed on my bed.
 The one thing the boys love about living on the farm.  Nightly rides on the 4-wheelers.
 We butchered chickens on Friday.  Like I said, we couldn't have shoved any more in the week we moved.  We butchered 15 chickens and we have 16 left to do.  Then I will save myself a fortune on chicken feed.
 These two ladies worked hard cutting them all up while I bagged.  My job was SOOO much easier than theirs.
 Holly Bear taking a nap while we worked.
Sunset

4 comments:

Linda said...

This was fun to read and view photos of. It looks like such a grand old house where tons of beautiful memories will be made and are being made already. I love, LOVE the piano! How great that it's there! :)

And you are amazing! Look at all you've accomplished in just a week with all those children around. WOW!!! :)

Wishing you every happiness in your new home.
Love, Linda

sixbehrs said...

That's a beautiful piano, Missy...much prettier than mine! Enjoy your new home!

Blackmans said...

Thank you, guys! We are loving the new house!

Sara, we need to set something up for piano lessons next fall for Luke.

kt said...

loved seeing all the pictures and hearing how the move went...geez girl, you even had pictures and decor on your walls!!! that is just crazy! you guys sure did pack ALOT of stuff into a week! i hope i can make it down to see the house when i come home in July!
love you guys!
kt