Monday, July 23, 2007

Our weekend project

You never know what Jared and I may decide to do from one day to another. One minute we take up and drive 10 hours to see Jared's sister and the next day we are tearing our kitchen apart. Our kitchen has been clustered and a mess for awhile now. We really needed to change some things, but didn't have the time or any idea what to do. We had talked about completely remodeling the entire kitchen, but the cost was WAY more than we wanted to spend. The other morning I was laying in bed and it came to me. I told Jared my idea and we started on it immediately!

Before...
I had already started cleaning my cupboards out when I realized I needed a before picture!
After...
My wall oven will be in next Monday. I am excited to have two ovens. So is Jared. He can't wait for me to be able to bake twice as much!
We replaced the wood floor with tile. I absolutely hated that wood floor. I am so glad to get rid of it and the tile really brightened the room up. I had just gotten done making the pickles on the corner of the counter.

The progress....



3 comments:

sixbehrs said...

Looks great! I love the new floor. We need to replace ours, too, (it's capet--yuck), but we're not sure what to replace it with. I like the idea of tile, but our floor isn't level....anyway, good job!

kt said...

the kitchen looks great and very organized! jared sure works fast! you can let him know i have a few more projects yet, if he wants to help! ha ha!

i really like the look of the tile, it definitely gives the kitchen a whole new look than with the wood floor! and it does look like my tile, i wonder if you got the same color or not! i know they came out with a few more colors since we put ours in!

can't wait to see everything in person!
love ya,
kt

Anonymous said...

is tiling really hard? i want to do our hallway (again), bathroom and kitchen in tile, but i hear it's really hard. can't be that bad right? if it's as bad as that "really easy to install, just snap it together" laminate flooring (says the sales lady in Menards) then i want no part of it. maybe i'll call you and talk to you about it.

dave