Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Our weekend!

Sorry for disappearing for awhile! We had planned to go camping this last weekend, but our plans fell apart at the last minute. We were bummed and feeling the need to get out of town, so we made a quick decision to go see Aunt Katie and Uncle Shane. When I say quick, I mean we had two hours to pack and pick the house up. We left around 4:30 on Thursday night and headed for Muscatine, Iowa. I think we figured out it takes 10-11 hours. We made it not quite half way the first night and set out early the next day. We made it to Muscatine around 4 on Friday!
It was awesome to see where they live and spend time with them. It was our first visit out to see them and we truly enjoyed it. They have a nice home and it was nice to finally see it in person!

Luke made a fort at Aunt Katie's
Katie

Katie, Nathan and Jared

Luke, Shane and Matthew watching a movie
Katie blowing up our bed and Luke "helping".

On Sunday we went to a Holiday Inn that had a water park and miniature golf course there. Katie and Shane came and spent the day and part of the evening! It was a lot of fun! The boys had a blast at the pool. I went down one of the big slides and was planning on going again when Katie talked me into going down the REALLY fast slide. I took her word for it that it wasn't that bad. I'll know better next time. I didn't go back down after that. I think the guys liked it though. Shane couldn't stay off of it!


Jared right after he went down one of the slides.






Luke, Shane, Matthew, Katie and Nathan

3 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

Usually those spontaneous trips are the most fun! Looks like you had a good time.

sixbehrs said...

Wow--that's cool that you did that! I'm sure it's challenging to travel that far w/little ones. The farthest we've gone with ours is about 8 hrs., and that was plenty!!! Great pictures!

The Hagan Clan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time... But you are missing couple of the pics. of you going down the slide...lol