Friday, July 27, 2007

Our Zoo...

It is time for another update on the Blackman's zoo!
Luke is doing great. We have started our school routine this week. (Going to bed earlier) It hasn't gone very well, but that is why we started early. This next week I think we will start waking him up at the time he would have to if he was going to school and see if that helps him go to bed easier at night. His 5th Birthday is next Sunday. We are planning a little get together for next Saturday. I can't believe it is even possible for him to be 5 already.
Matthew is the child who will keep me on my toes for the rest of my life. I tend to be a little more protective of him. I don't know why, he has proved to be a fighter in every sense of the word. Yesterday was one of those days that I wondered how we ever made it through it. He has been into everything!!! It all started when he dumped bacon bits on the floor while I was making Zucchini bread. He then proceeded to scatter them everywhere. By the time I realized what he was doing it was too late. I had a HUGE mess to clean up. Then last night we were talking about giving the boys baths. He HATES baths. We have to hold him down and wash him as he screams. It is horrible and we haven't figured out how to get him out of this stage. Well, as we were talking about it he went into the bathroom and got a hand towel and came walking out washing his face. Then I realized the towel was wet. The only water he could have gotten was from the toilet. Sure enough!! He was washing his face with toilet water!!! Later that night when I went up to check on the boys I found him sitting in his crib naked. He had managed to get his diaper and pants off. I put them back on, gave him his blanket and cup and came back down. Well, when we went up for bed he was naked again. At least he was sleeping this time. I managed to get his diaper on without waking him up. I wish I knew of a way to keep him from taking it off. Thankfully last night he hadn't pooped or peed. We've been down that road TOO many times!!
Nathan is doing great. He has two teeth now. His personality is really coming through now. You can probably tell that from pictures! He makes me laugh how he chases after the boys. He is getting closer to walking. We have been working on getting him switched over to a milk based formula so we can try milk in a few months. He has done really good on it so far. It is hard to believe his first birthday is just over a month away! Where does the time go!?!?!
Jared has been busy as usual! He planned a fishing trip for Saturday. He hasn't been able to go very much this summer, so I think he is looking forward to it. He is trying to get the schools caught up and ready for school to start!
I have been busy as you can see from the boys updates! I spend my "free time" making pickles or in my garden. I have more than enough cherry tomatoes to share with the entire town of Palisade. If you would like some please let me know! I would love to share.
We are in the beginning stages of our addition. We are excited for the extra room and most of all a laundry room on the main floor. I will post pictures later of them taking our big tree out.
I know our summer is speeding by! I hope everyone enjoys the last few weeks of summer vacation!

4 comments:

The Hagan Clan said...

ok i cant help but laughing my butt off about Matthew...lol he cracks me up, but on the diaper thing maybe you just might have to get pull-ups for him just at night! but it great reading your update, you sure been busy!

Dave Ja Vu said...

Holy Cow!

Calgon...take Missy away!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Missy! Matthew is a little character! Try duct taping Matthew's diapers. It works! :)

Wheeler Family said...

Does Matthew undo snaps? I used to put a onesie under whatever Maycee was wearing & that kept her from getting the diaper off...but she's a girl & I know boys are much more...determined :)