Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A few things my boys have taught me...

Since finding out we are having another boy I have been pondering what our future household will be like. I absolutely love raising my boys! If it was only my choice, I would fill our house with them! I must admit though, even growing up with two older brothers hasn't prepared me for everything I've encountered! I look forward to learning more, but that also comes with a little fear! =)

1. Sometimes it's better not to ask questions...

A few years ago, after Luke was potty trained I was startled to hear him crying in the bathroom. I ran in to see what the problem was.
"I peed in my eye, Mom" Luke says
"You what!?!" I asked confused.
"I peed in my eye!"
At this moment I couldn't hide my laughter or my surprise.
"How?!" I asked laughing.
"Mom, it's not funny!"
I spent the rest of the day asking how exactly he managed to pee in his eye. I never got a good answer. I think he was still mad at me for laughing. As a woman, I can honestly say I didn't think this was possible.

2. Don't jump to conclusions...

Today I was cleaning off the dining room table when Luke walks inside holding up an old cell phone. "I got this off my hooker!"
"You what!" I say as I turn around.
At that moment there were a million things running through my head. Did he just say what I think he did? What did he watch with his Dad that he shouldn't have?
"I got this off my hooker" he repeats.
I just about opened my mouth to ask where he heard that when I saw him hang up the phone on the phone hook. Oh- that hooker!

3. Always check their pants pockets before washing their jeans, but make sure to use rubber gloves! You never know what you will find!

4. If you don't know what they are eating sometimes it is better if you don't find out!

5. Always check to see if the toilet seat is down. My husband is 28 and I am still trying to teach him to do this. I have no hope of ever teaching my children, but for their future wives sake I will do my best!

6. Never expect a clean house for more than 15 minutes. They work fast and they work together! They undo in 10 minutes what took you 3 days to accomplish!

7. Unless they are sleeping, never be comforted by silence. This always means they are doing something they shouldn't. You will either find the walls colored a different color or toilet paper in your bath water!

8. Hide the scissors!

9. Never assume they aren't hungry after just eating. Their stomachs are really bottomless pits.

10. No matter how much trouble they get into during the day, they all look like angels when they are sleeping!

9 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

Hahaha :) That's great.

Anonymous said...

It's fun raising boys isn't it Missy? I remember one of my boys flushed a new bar of soap down the toilet. Try explaining THAT to the plumber! :) Enjoy, they're only little for a short time...

Anonymous said...

That was totally sweet! I love the peeing in the eye story. I tell it all the time! This was an awesome post...

Dave

sixbehrs said...

Love the last one--that's so true! Very cute post.

The Hagan Clan said...

Amen~ sister... i agree all the way...but i have one for patty colten when he was a year old, he try to flush a potatoe down the toilet...lol yea it took bryan over 5 hours to get that one out... they are sweetest things in our life!!!!

Anonymous said...

#10 is the truest statement ever made.

Jack's Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Colby flushed 5 little duckies that are suppose to be bath toys down the toliet! What FUN!?!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

LMAO Miss! Ha Ha! They're a handful, but one adorable handful. Can't wait to meet the 4th! (I agree w/ Dave, #10 is true, isn't it?)

Anonymous said...

I can't quit laughing!!! I love the pee in the eye one and the "hooker" one, too! Omigosh...too cute. LOL
Love, Grammy Tami