Sunday, November 02, 2008

Eventful weekend

We had a very eventful weekend. On Friday we headed to Lincoln to see Katie, Shane and Emma. I hate to admit that this is the only picture I have of Emma...


Let me just say that it was so good to see her in person and to hold her in my arms. I was getting pretty frustrated that we hadn't seen her yet! She is absolutely beautiful and her pictures don't do her justice!! I know Jared's Mom took some pictures of her and I and I will post them when I get them!

Nathan absolutely loves babies. Here he is trying to hold Haley. I think he liked her a lot. He shows it in weird ways though, like sitting on her. She was a good sport though! It's safe to say we are use to boys around here!
Since Matthew has to have tubes put in we wanted him to swim as much as possible.


Matthew, Zoe, Luke and Nathan in the hot tub. They had to swim in the hot tub because the pool was COLD!!!


The three kids shared the pull out bed and Mom got the king size bed all to herself. It was awesome! It was the best night sleep I have had since Jacob was born!
The next day while we went to the mall to do a little shopping Matthew started to feel worse and worse. He started running a fever and was very crabby. At that point I decided it might be best to head home. I hated to leave. We hadn't even been in Lincoln for 24 hours, but I knew he would only get worse. I'm pretty sure he has another ear infection.

We arrived home just in time for a family meal at my Grandma's house. Here are a few pictures from her house...

Nathan, Jacob and Addison

Jacob and Addison
We arrived home and we are hanging out until tomorrow when Matthew has surgery. He is still running a fever today. I will be SOOOO glad when we get them put in and I am praying this is the answer to these chronic ear infections! I'm a little nervous for the surgery, but I think that is the Mom in me!

4 comments:

Charlie said...

I will be praying that the surgery goes well and also for peace for you. The haircuts really do look good. It's too bad you had to come home early.

brusoe2000 said...

I honestly think the surgery is harder on the parents then the child. June had two of them and it didn't bother her one bit....but I almost cried both times.

The Hagan Clan said...

Looks like you all a fun full weekend! Emma is a cutie!

Bley's Blog said...

I know how you feel...and it is true, it was much harder for me than for Collin. It was exactly what he needed, and I pray that this is the answer for Matthew too!